Wednesday 29 July 2015

The Art Of Power Napping

Young mothers are sleep deprived 
with dark circles under their eyes 
But one must learn to sleep in winks
only then with your child you enjoy

Most are amazed at my ability 
to sit or stand in sleep 
Just 2 minutes of shut eye 
and I am fresh as a new leaf

If I'd dare to stretch on the bed 
for a few minutes of peace
minutes turn to hours 
with the greatest of ease.
   
As my wonderful children grew 
from sizes small, medium to large
My power nap increased 
from short, medium to long.

And as they grew in size 
they grew wise to realise
while mom sat shut eye for a while
her subconscious mind did it's best to come alive
And so, 
they'd asked mom all kinds of questions 
most were of things that were denied  
as mom sat thru her shut eye 
But her mind, struggled with incoherent replies 

Squeals of laugh and excitement
for replies so disconnected and wild
While the kids tried their best for mom's unconscious consent 
their mom suddenly awakens in daze and dissent 

Now I am recharged and ready the natural way
not just to clean and clear the place
but to catch up on some me time 
I missed during the day

Be it 2 minutes or twenty 
You make think this nap is no big deal
but the surge after the power nap 
adds to 3 hours of Zeal. 

---------------------

last night midway between power napping and daze.... 
- head gear slipped on by Armaana
- photo clicked by Armaana


a

No comments:

Post a Comment