Tuesday 5 January 2016

Let me Live - Common Sailer Butterfly




My life is short
My days speed by
I have lots to do 
before the day passes by
Lessen not my life
Let me live - let me fly
My life is much shorter than yours....







(upperside)

                                                                                                                                                                                 
....Spare me the pesticide.
(underside)



Common Sailer Butterfly (Neptis hylas
Family : Nymphalidae (Brushfoots)

This family of butterflies gets its name from its front legs. They are shorter than the other four legs, and they don't use them to walk or stand. These front legs don't have feet, just little brushes of hairs that the butterflies can use to smell and taste with. Sometimes the front legs are so small you can't see them.









No comments:

Post a Comment